July 27, 2011

I did something really stupid...forgetting to order a refill of my Enbrel. Saturday morning I opened the fridge to get a syringe and I was out. So I called the pharmacy and they said they could have it in Tuesday. By Monday night I was in excruciating pain that had hit me like a brick wall. Tuesday the medicine didn't come in so I had the pharmacy call around to all the other Kaiser pharmacies in San Diego to find the medicine. I felt that desperate, like a drug addict who can't live without. My husband was at a business lunch downtown so he was able to pick up the Enbrel at the hospital and bring it home. Unfortunately the drug effects aren't immediate but I'm sure by tonight (Wed.) I'll be feeling a little better, less grumpy, in less pain.

Without the medicine I am unable to play the piano, my temper is so short it's terrifying my kids, and it's hard to make myself eat. I am amazed at how much pain I would have if it were not for this miracle drug. The pain with this type of arthritis can be completely overwhelming.

No comments: