February 22, 2011

I went all day yesterday without using the heating pad. I've used the heating pad at least 2 hours a day for the past 4 months, minus a few days when I was on Prednizone. I didn't get tired yesterday. I stayed up past 11pm and woke up at 6am. Yea, the Enbrel must be working.

I was really disappointed before that my Rheumatologist had not seen either of these bumpy patches, what I suspect was psoriasis. It certainly would have made a diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis easier to come by, but then the doctor may not have ordered the HLA-B27 test. It was the combination of those test results and my back pain that made her suspect Anklosing Spondylitis in addition to PsA. Maybe she still would have figured it out but it might have taken longer.  I think it all worked to my advantage. I could have been stuck on methotrexate, sick as a dog. Instead I'm getting the best treatment the medical community has to offer. Methotrexate does not work for AS so you have to go straight to the biologics which work for both PsA and AS.

No comments: